So the guys at Big Face Small Razor and TheMarckoGuy nominated me a few weeks ago, and I’ve finally got around to following up on it. For those of you who don’t know, the Libester Award is an online chain to help promote other bloggers. It’s basically just a fun question and answer type thing. Cheers guys, much appreciated. Now, it’s time to answer their questions.
The MarckoGuy’s questions and my answers:
1. Is there a movie remake that you actually think is good?
Yep, a few actually. But ONLY a few, most remakes are pretty poor. I thought Let Me In was pretty good. I made a list of horror remakes that I think are particularly good.
2. You’re gonna be stuck in a prison cell for a long time, name three books that you’d bring with you to pass the time.
Good question. I’d bring The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Great Gatsby and Shutter Island.
3. Are there any movie adaptations that you think are better than the book it’s based on?
Fight Club for sure.
4. Best/Worst film you’ve seen so far that came out this year?
Best film = Captain America: Civil War
Worst Film = X-Men: Age of Apocalypse
5. Should the United states presidential campaign of 2016 be called Tron or Clump?
I’ll go for Tron. It sounds cool.
6. What was your favorite toy as a kid?
I was obsessed with Toy Story as a kid, so my favourite toy was the woody and buzz action figures.
7. Global warming: Scientific fact or total bullshit?
Definitely a scientific fact.
8. Is there a song that always gets you emotional/makes you cry?
“Don’t Go” by Rae Morris.
9. What’s your favourite documentary film?
I quite liked Nas: Time Is Illmatic. I’m a big fan of hip-hop music so this one immediately springs to mind.
10. Cats or dogs?
11. What is your most anticipated movie of 2017?
Now, for Big Face Small Razor’s questions and my answers:
1. Talk about your favourite cinema, where is it and what does it do that’s so much better than the rest?
My favourite cinema would probably have to be the Odeon Lee Valley, Picketts Lock, London. I’ve been going there since I was a kid, it’s my go-to cinema, so that’s why its better than the rest.
2. 35mm or digital?
Don’t really have a preference.
3. Home or cinema?
4. Name the most obscure film you’ve seen. How did you discover it and what could you say about it to get other people to watch it?
I’ve seen many obscure films, but the one that stands out the most is Eraserhead. I don’t remember how I discovered it, I’ve always just known about it. To get people to watch it, I would just say you won’t see anything else quite like it.
5. Think of your favourite director who no longer works (either dead or living) and what you’d like to see them do if they could make one more film.
Alfred Hitchcock. If he could make one last film, I’d like to see him make another Psycho film. There has already been sequels and remakes, but none with his vision.
6. Ever had an idea for a film of your own?
Yes, I actually wrote a short screenplay for my a-level Film coursework during my sixth form days. It was a thriller-horror about two criminals who break into a guy’s house, but end up being held hostage by the guy. It wasn’t very good but it got a good grade, if I remember rightly.
7. What are your favourite TV shows: one that is finished, and one that is currently airing?
Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy. At the moment, I really like Stranger Things and can’t wait for season 2.
8.What’s your favourite trope in media? Mine, for example, is where someone traces their finger on a map or in a book and then double-taps something of importance to the story.
Don’t really have a favourite off the top of my head, but you’ve got me thinking…
9. If you could wipe any song from history, what would it be?
“Friday” – Rebecca Black. God, that song was awful.
10. What helps you maintain creativity?
Researching what’s out there and trying to come up with things that haven’t been done before, or putting my own spin on it.
11. Why do you write?
There is something really freeing about it. I like expressing myself through writing, and I want to be a journo one day. So, I think it’s probably best I keep at it.
And here are my nominations and questions:
- If you can remember, what was the first film you ever reviewed?
- What film do you think is really underrated?
- If blogging ceased to exist, what would you do instead?
- Favourite movie hero?
- Favourite movie villain?
- If there was a film about your life, which actor/actress would you like to see play you?
- What’s your favourite TV theme song?
- What’s the weirdest film you’ve ever seen?
- Who is your celebrity crush? (Let’s face it, we all have one)
- Do you think DC will ever make a truly great superhero film?
- What is your favourite opening scene in a film?